PDA

View Full Version : Question

Deorny
12-07-2012, 21:51
Hello all, glad to see you guys still kicking ass!!

Only name i remember is Xack, but i was a part of RF when it first started on The Rathe then moved to AB.

anyways, i would like to start playing EQ again but havent done so since 03/04 and had a few questions.

Is this game still alive for new players? I think my char is lvl 70 and i would like to work her back up. Are there exp groups out there for me to join? Or is it now mostly just raid guilds and friends playing, and i will have a hard time lvling up?

any advice would be great.... thanks!

Kashy
13-07-2012, 08:10
Not really much at that level no, I do see some groups on occassion at that level since the F2P model they spend a bit more time living some older content.

Depending on your class, hiring a merc you will level up and gain AA very quickly to catch up though. At level 70, that is a good spot to catch up on AA if you can before leveling because of the older content offering easier/faster exp. But yes, mostly raid guilds and far less pick up group going on in game then there ever was since the introduction of mercnaries and F2P making it easier for people to add box to there game play.

Currently there is an AA exp bonus that starts off at 1000% and declines to 0% once at the 4000AA mark. It declines linearly.

Also all spells are available from merchant in PoK up until level.. 80 i think?

There is a few posts over at the Everquest discussion boards (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/forums/list.m) about returning players at the level range and general stuff that you could read.

Shrug, maybe more specific questions be easier to answer for you :)

Oriflame
13-07-2012, 15:37
Hey Deorny. You won't know me as I was in RF a few years after you. However, as a retired player who returned, I found a pretty good group of folks to play with on AB. If ya want to give F2P a shot for a lil while, look up anyone in <Order of the Crimson Dawn> and tell em Oriflamex or Bezy sent ya.

We have quite a few folks who have mains and or alts in the 70's so you should be able to find someone to group with

Dalrek
13-07-2012, 21:15

Wth...why didnt anyone tell me those divine intervention and stuff I have saved can be bought on vendor now :p

Deorny
14-07-2012, 03:03
Not really much at that level no, I do see some groups on occassion at that level since the F2P model they spend a bit more time living some older content.

Depending on your class, hiring a merc you will level up and gain AA very quickly to catch up though. At level 70, that is a good spot to catch up on AA if you can before leveling because of the older content offering easier/faster exp. But yes, mostly raid guilds and far less pick up group going on in game then there ever was since the introduction of mercnaries and F2P making it easier for people to add box to there game play.

Currently there is an AA exp bonus that starts off at 1000% and declines to 0% once at the 4000AA mark. It declines linearly.

There is a few posts over at the Everquest discussion boards (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/forums/list.m) about returning players at the level range and general stuff that you could read.

Shrug, maybe more specific questions be easier to answer for you :)

thanks for the info :thumbsup:

oh and im a paladin btw

Hey Deorny. You won't know me as I was in RF a few years after you. However, as a retired player who returned, I found a pretty good group of folks to play with on AB. If ya want to give F2P a shot for a lil while, look up anyone in <Order of the Crimson Dawn> and tell em Oriflamex or Bezy sent ya.

We have quite a few folks who have mains and or alts in the 70's so you should be able to find someone to group with

great, that helps a lot. i was considering making a char on the Fippy server since they just finished the PoP expansion and thats about the time i stopped. so i am familiar with everything and they have a lot more group options, thing is i have almost a year played on this char and it hurts to think about ditching her. i have the whole weekend free so i will try to get the hang of things and give you guys a shout if i see you on.

Koom
18-06-2013, 21:27
Blimey, sounds like Eq has changed quite significantly! Mind you, shouldn't be surprised considering how long ago I stopped playing either! Hi Deorny, I remember you!

I wonder what happened to my wonderful Dark Elf Warrior! I just hope he is still around some where kicking virtual arse and looking cool doing so :grimmrun:

Irrarr
19-06-2013, 10:09
Wth...why didnt anyone tell me those divine intervention and stuff I have saved can be bought on vendor now :p

The Spell isn't no drop anymore (but still lore). With the right faction you can buy the Rk. II version and give it away.

Imrahil
19-06-2013, 12:45
You guys realize that thread was dead almost a year, right?

Jolene
19-06-2013, 16:38
But, but we want to talk about past things also......

Dalrek
19-06-2013, 17:40
I need to dispute Kooms claim about beeing a wonderful Dark elf warrior!

Only way this could be true is if its a dwarf warrior with DE mask. The uberness of dorf will always shine through :handsinair:

Koom
08-07-2013, 18:51
Very funny Dalrek, but everyone knows a Dwarf can't reach high enough to damage anything more dangerous than a daisy! :D

Frolaak
11-07-2013, 18:58
Leave the dwarfs alone koom :-) you know we owned all others...

Daze
14-07-2013, 23:01
Why on earth do ppl slag of Dorfs, for height ?

we all know they'll just stand on the bodies of the fallen :wave:

cept for the clerics,

they'll rez anyone.................

even gnomes.............

who aren't even dead yet...................

you have become better at fishing......................

bloody gnomes !