PDA

View Full Version : Beckhams original speech notes.

Koom
04-07-2006, 08:35
Edited and removed due to Uren's personal feelings being offended.

Uren
04-07-2006, 10:10
English people are so harsh with Beckham, he is of course not the most clever guy around but he sounds like a nice guy. I'm not sure he deserves to be laughed at this way.

I also wonder how Ronaldo will manage to play in England from now. Yesterday I read on a newspaper something like: "Public enemy No.1: Unrepentant Ronaldo: I'm not sorry for my United team-mate Roo".

C. Ronaldo in action:
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/2286/cristianoronaldo0co.gif

Koom
04-07-2006, 10:51
English people are so harsh with Beckham, he is of course not the most clever guy around but he sounds like a nice guy. I'm not sure he deserves to be laughed at this way.

And that's why it's called humour which you wouldn't understand being French.

British humour is all about being able to take the piss out of ourselves and our fellows. It's not meant in a malicious way at all.

Uren
04-07-2006, 13:04
You can always pretend it being humour. But not everything making people laugh is humour, British or not. This looks more like some eagerness to make him look like a fool, especially after he supposedly admitted not being able to do his son's homeworks. The fact is he is a public man and people tend to believe it is part of his job to be laughed at all day long, and I disagree with that.

It's a bit like that day when Karde dug up that fake advertising about you. It surely made people laugh but wasn't humour. At least I don't remember you being happy that day even though you are from the other side of the Channel.

Jartaxel
04-07-2006, 13:30
Wow guys, why bash each other over Beckham ????? Time for the board nazi Dalrek here i think..

Marduka
04-07-2006, 13:59
http://www.soccersucks.net/soccer.jpg

Grynoldy
04-07-2006, 15:14
It's a bit like that day when Karde dug up that fake advertising about you.

OMG!!! Share!! :grimmsmile: :grimmrun:

Koom
04-07-2006, 17:02
Someone made a nice advert and post supposedly from an Ex-gf of mine saying not very nice things about me, or her. I don't think *anyone* found it very funny.

There's a big difference in being able to laugh at yourself or others, and something that is very personal.

Uren
04-07-2006, 17:19
There's a big difference in being able to laugh at yourself or others, and something that is very personal.

I agree with that, and to me intellectual abilities are something very personal in a way. So I see no reason laughing at him because he doesn't sound smart as long as he behaves like a nice guy.

Koom
04-07-2006, 17:21
I agree with that, and to me intellectual abilities are something very personal in a way. So I see no reason laughing at him because he doesn't sound smart as long as he behaves like a nice guy.

Do you honestly think David Beckham's personal feelings are hurt by something like that ? Do you think he really cares what anyone writes about him, on a scale of 1 to 10 of all the scandals David Beckham has had to endure in his career, all the outright lies written about him, his wife, his family, his parents getting divorced, all of that, do you honestly think he gives a toss about "that" ?

Uren
04-07-2006, 17:53
So because he has been laughed at for years we should continue ? I'm sorry, I don't think so.

Dalrek
04-07-2006, 18:11
boys boys...

Uren
04-07-2006, 18:27
As I don't think that thread needs moderation I was wondering what you meant Dalrek...until I saw your title, you are such a perv !

http://eil.com/newgallery/Sabrina-Boys-summertime-74232.jpg

Don't try to change the topic !

Dalrek
04-07-2006, 18:47
Faern gave me that title cause I turned down his cyber. So now he is being mean to me :(

Karde
04-07-2006, 23:53
Don't drag me into your little lovers' tiff boys! Now kiss and make up :gay:
Koom there weren't any hard feelings about me posting that link were there? I'm sure we talked about it at the time, but my apologies again :)

Koom
05-07-2006, 00:36
I had forgot all about it until Uren had to bring it up. No hard feelings at all.

Illona
05-07-2006, 01:02
I remember the original picture. It was juvenile, yet funny. I got a chuckle out of it as did my husband and our friends.

Beckham's in the public eye and is used to these kinds of insults and pot shots all the time. We all make fun of celebrities. To be honest, if he doesn't want people making fun of his intelligence or his wife's intelligence, neither of them should say in interviews that they find their son's maths homework hard or hate reading anything other than fashion mags.

*shrug* But hey - the price of fame.

I will mock and jeer celebs as I see fit and I refuse to be censured or censored for it.

I do draw the line at making fun of celebrity children. They can't help that they have those people as their parents. They didn't ask to be born.

Myrian
05-07-2006, 03:01
Im going to sound like a saint here, unintentionally, but still, It's my firm belief that you should not treat other human beings in a way that you do not want to be treated yourself.

It disgusts me to see petty people crave so much for the privacy of celebreties. It's a great display of jealousy to see people redicule others who for one reason or the other have more than themselves. I can only hope it helps them to feel better about themselves.

This is not black/white, and i think Both of you Greg and Uren made valid points. humor is a good thing, but it is not humor if only like to make fun of others. And as uren pointed out, the level of media coverage (focusing on scandals and the like) on celebreties is rediculesly high, leaving them very little room for privacy.

Finally i want to question how much someone like David Beckham chose to become a celeb. becoming popular because you are an accomplished football player hardly justifies what you refer to as "the price of fame" illona, does it?

Enlighten me :p
Myr

Koom
05-07-2006, 11:32
oh for fucks sake, you 2 are less fun than a convention of funeral directors.

Seriously, go chill out both of you.

Pinedilea
05-07-2006, 11:39
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Kikthin
05-07-2006, 17:47
No clue how old Beck's children are, but sometimes when I look at my nephew's school books, I am also :confused: :confused: at some new math stuff they found out.. so are a lot of my collegues with the math their children are getting.

(Didn't see the 'fun' post before it got edited, just reply'ing based on some earlier posts.)

angra
06-07-2006, 00:06
Uren and Myrian, get over yourself, you are not humanities advocate. What gives you the right to declare Koom's sense of humor as moronic and tell him what he can and cannot post about a person who you dont even know personally.

Get of your high horses people, its none of your damn business.

/Angra

Xexonia
06-07-2006, 00:34
Now that we are talking about British humor... and celebreties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hEq41xPcBA&search=ant%20and%20dec

Kezia
06-07-2006, 02:22
You know, I saw most of those Little Ant and Dec and that Costner one... I damn near fell off the couch laughing. LOL
The guy was completely out of his depth lol.

Actually come to think of it... they did an interview with Will Young once and said something along the lines of:
"We're Little Ant and Dec. Do you have a little Willy?"

Gotta love it... LOL

Flitzer
06-07-2006, 03:22
Something is blown way out of proportion here...

Nineveh
06-07-2006, 08:41
DRAMA :grimmrun:

Koom
06-07-2006, 08:41
Nice link Xex, honestly, that's the same deal..and to me, that is funny...

Uren
06-07-2006, 10:21
Uren and Myrian, get over yourself, you are not humanities advocate. What gives you the right to declare Koom's sense of humor as moronic and tell him what he can and cannot post about a person who you dont even know personally.

Get of your high horses people, its none of your damn business.

/Angra

My first post in this thread was:

So if you feel like I don't have the right of posting I find it harsh without being called a dumb french just say so. Seriously this was just a general statement, I'm sad to see what this thread has begun. I don't understand either why the first post was edited that way unless people want a fight instead of an adult discussion.

Anyway I'm done with this topic. France is in final, that's all I care about now :handsinair:

Xexonia
06-07-2006, 11:23
I don't understand either why the first post was edited that way unless people want a fight instead of an adult discussion.

We are lacking drama in the guild, so we grasp at any chance to get one going :grimmsmile:

I guess that is a good thing :wave:

ps : I hope Italy wins now that Brazil is gone /morn :bunny:

Fenlayen
06-07-2006, 11:28
I'm sad to say I want France to win :grimmrun:

Spiritbane
06-07-2006, 11:54
Dont care who wins the footie now, so long a one team is winning at half time and the other team wins at full time. Then I win some money :thumbsup:

btw, if anyone else is bored at work like me see if you can solve level 16 of this puzzle (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/games/3d-logic.html)
I got to level 21 on tuesday but it doesn't let you save your progress so you have to restart each time and now I cant figure out how I got past level 16 :(

Grynoldy
06-07-2006, 14:14
http://www.dissing-andersen.dk/images/cube.gif

Rigwit
06-07-2006, 15:01
I hereby declare this thread a waste of teh intarnet_! :grimmrun:

Anderki
06-07-2006, 20:16
Anyway I'm done with this topic. France is in final, that's all I care about now

Yeah sadly becours they play just as boring as England :=)

I dont like Italy anymore than the others, but they do have more Action than thoes 2 Defence teams you 2 are talking about.

Busterlin
07-07-2006, 02:51
OMG I missed zhe D.R.A.M.A! :(

Fenlayen
10-07-2006, 10:43
What the hell was Zidane thinking ? :grimmrun:

Grynoldy
10-07-2006, 11:57
What the hell was Zidane thinking ? :grimmrun:

He probobly wasnt :grimmsmile:

Fenlayen
10-07-2006, 12:07