PDA

View Full Version : Instances-Fix for AB finally around the corner?

Shadowcross
26-06-2007, 11:57
We can only hope :)

Jourdian-Dev
EQ Producer

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on the progress we have been making. I was able to acquire additional boxes that will be added to the instance servers. We believe that the addition of these boxes will help distribute the load better and allow all of the instancing to take place without the long wait times that are currently present. The additional boxes are being added this week and should be good to go around the middle of next week.

I am sitting on this to make sure it gets done and you are all able to play the game as it is designed. It is the top priority for our Operations team and I can assure you, that I am nagging them multiple times a day to check on progress. We did bring down the server today to clear the instanced boxes and free up some processing power. I apologize for all interruptions and as I mentioned before, I am here to help both the Dev team and the players. Your server is important to me and I am looking forward to the new boxes to come online next week. We will do our normal testing internally but it will be up to the AB players to give me feedback once the servers are live.

Thank you once again for being patient.

Dalrek
26-06-2007, 12:13
*faints* (in a non-instance spot)

Sharringan
26-06-2007, 15:45
talked over directly to a GM yesterday right as the server went up yesterday , the answer was that little downtime was due to them trying to fix the instance issues , he said that it was fixed so lets hope it's right :D

Imrahil
26-06-2007, 17:35
talked over directly to a GM yesterday right as the server went up yesterday , the answer was that little downtime was due to them trying to fix the instance issues , he said that it was fixed so lets hope it's right :D

Mildly put: the GM seems a bit misinformed. As Clint Worley (the Senior Producer) posted in SX's quote, the new boxes will be good to go around mid of next week.

Nonetheless the reboot definitely helped in freeing instance space, so we can hope until then things don't become as unbearable as they were last week :)