PDA

View Full Version : Best wishes for 2008

Timmok
28-12-2007, 16:08
Hey RF,

Just dropped by to wish you a happy new year. I had a bit of a nostalgic moment, and decided to see what you have been up to. Reading the history thread it looks like you have been doing extremely well, very impressive.

Seeing your roster I still know 7-8 or so people on it, I wonder how you guys find the time and energy to keep playing :)

But seeing your videos I must also admit that I miss the old raiding days, and the excitement of taking down big mobs for the first time. However I noticed that Xack now have +10k hp, +1k ac more than my warrior when I quit, so starting over is not really an option :D

Anyways, have a good 2008!

/Timmok - Ex-EQ addict

Bumadar
01-01-2008, 11:57
I second that, all the best for 2008.... but where is the christmas card on the frontpage ?

knekker
01-01-2008, 15:42
Correct me if im wrong, as it's been a while, but didnt you as a guild leader, leave rf in a very immature way, without consulting with the others, you took the rf site down and declaring rf over, when you left the guild?

And the fact you genereally had problems talking to your fellow mates in a none degrading tone, didnt help either.

Either way, your still a fucktard in my book.

Ladwenae
01-01-2008, 17:09
Correct me if im wrong, as it's been a while, but didnt you as a guild leader, leave rf in a very immature way, without consulting with the others, you took the rf site down and declaring rf over, when you left the guild?

And the fact you genereally had problems talking to your fellow mates in a none degrading tone, didnt help either.

Either way, your still a fucktard in my book.
You are not wrong...

Dalrek
01-01-2008, 17:21
RF was far from over though :)

Im sure 2008 will be rocking :banana:

Swobu
01-01-2008, 17:47
Well put Knekker, I have been considering a suitable response to Timmoks reappearance for some days, but I couldn't keep below a swearword ratio of 2:1.

I find it astonishing that Timmok has the gall to post on anything RF related considering the way he behaved including trying his best to demolish the Guild by obliterating the website and points system. It's only thanks to Nineveh that his childish, moronic actions were thwarted.

In short Timmok those of us that have been in RF long enough to know you would probably rather you died in a nasty, painful and spectacular fashion than showed up on anything Guild related. :ohmy:

As Dalrek pointed out RF was far from over and has, since Timmoks unlamented departure, gone on rather nicely :biggrin:

Abadonn
01-01-2008, 21:33
Hi Timmok !

Don't mind the haters, happy newyear :)

Rahvin
01-01-2008, 21:41
and on jan 1 2008 swobu wins post of the year !!! /hugs ze angry troll

Timmok
04-01-2008, 09:54
Wow ok, I see some still hold grudges even 2 years after, thats interesting and surprising, I guess some still havent gotten a life outside EQ.

PS:
Nineveh got a backup of the points database, he got what he needed to restart, just not using my workplace's server.

PPS:
Stikka you are sullying the name/character of Swobu, definately not worthy of posing as him. But I guess those that dont have what it takes to equip and play a real character have to make do with others leftovers.

PPPS:
Knekker you still suck, but at least you have other talents like drawing, unlike Stikka :p

PPPPS:
Happy new year to you too abadonn ;)

Swobu
04-01-2008, 19:21
Wow ok, I see some still hold grudges even 2 years after, thats interesting and surprising, I guess some still havent gotten a life outside EQ.

PS:
Nineveh got a backup of the points database, he got what he needed to restart, just not using my workplace's server.

PPS:
Stikka you are sullying the name/character of Swobu, definately not worthy of posing as him. But I guess those that dont have what it takes to equip and play a real character have to make do with others leftovers.

PPPS:
Knekker you still suck, but at least you have other talents like drawing, unlike Stikka :p

PPPPS:
Happy new year to you too abadonn ;)

1. If memory serves it was Azeri who set up the RF stuff on a Jubli server, even before you wen't to work for them. Nineveh I believe took a copy just in case as he suspected you might pull a stunt like you did. Nine can speak for himself though.

2. Carsten was more than happy when I took over his old toon since the guild was in need of a shaman more than a rogue at the time. The only one sullying any name is you by posting on the board of the Guild that you abused and attempted to discredit and destroy. FYI my old twink shaman was actually better geared than Swobu was when I took it over, but Swobu had a few handy flags which were needed to help piggyback into Tacvi, I had no need for leftovers as you put it. I never chose to hide behind the name, it's only in this particular board setup where the name Swobu appeared (not my choice FYI) since the Stikka name confused some of the newer members who didn't know which "toon" was posting.

3. Knekker may not have measured up in your particular eyes, but he was a full member in good standing until he retired and unlike you he didn't try to damage the guild on leaving, in that light who's the one who sucks between the 2 of you?

I still think you have excessive gall posting on an RF board considering the damage you attempted, however incompetently, to inflict on the Guild.

Pinedilea
04-01-2008, 19:47
I wish everyone a happy new year and many nice wins :)

And a big HUG to my Beastlords ! :drink:

Pine

Illona
04-01-2008, 22:36
Happy New Year and best wishes for one of the greatest bunch of people I've ever been associated with.

I miss you all very much! Stop by and visit on saryrn. :)

Maybe we can all make alts and stomp around and larf at what a crappy level 1 healer I am. :)

Frolaak
05-01-2008, 12:16
Happy New Year all..

And hey hey Timmok, long time no see.. Hope things are going well for you and come back to online gaming, you know you want too hehe

Solthanol
05-01-2008, 18:00
Happy New Year !

Not many left from the ooooold people :( i only recognize Xack and Stikka/Swobu (who still excels at acting like the asshole he was/is :p)

/wave Timmok still the best raidleader ever :thumbsup:
Sometimes i really miss the old times and flames :grimmsmile:

Rahvin
05-01-2008, 18:12
froslack where ya been man !

Frolaak
06-01-2008, 10:57
I'm still hiding away in WoW and loving it.. far to much to catch up on in EQ to even think about a return hehe..

Hows life then?

Daewellyn
06-01-2008, 14:22
Not only you were the only person to start a thread for NY wishes that prevented me from participating (and i wanted to wish dear RF all the best), but after you get replies you deserve what do you do? You go on with insults again.

WTG Timmok, if I was against ban for you on these boards a year ago, cuz of giving you a 2nd chance, I'd ban you now if it was up to me.

Incredible...

Jartaxel
06-01-2008, 19:07
*grabs popcorn*

Wow flames on RF board ? Now thats been a while :thumbsup:

Happy new year all :fire:

Koom
06-01-2008, 19:17
Dunno if the 6th is too late to wish people a happy new year, but I suppose I will anyway :handsinair:

I think everyone should play the dailytrivia as a new years resolution! :diablo:

I have so many fond memories of Eq and RF, but then again, you tend to only remember the good times and none of the bad ones! :thumbsup:

Nice to see familiar names, though still in contact with a lot of people via msn/facebook/real life etc! :drink:

I definately think we should sort out some mass RF gathering for past and present friends and family, maybe I will try and sort something in the summer.

Pinedilea
06-01-2008, 20:24
@Koom: You can send me tomorrow a PM or via MSN a tell with Merry Christmas because mine is tomorrow hehe :) And my new year with the old calendar is 14.01. :D So you are not too late in my case but too early :grimmsmile:

Hugs

Pine

Koom
07-01-2008, 15:27
Hehe, there must be a Chinese New Year due sometime soon, I can aim for that one as well :grimmrun:

Karde
12-01-2008, 13:15
Well I definitely take the cake for the latest New Years message! Hello and best wishes for 2008 to all the old faces I remember, and the newer ones I don't.

I've been keeping up with RF's progress regularly since I left and I've never failed to be impressed with what you've achieved. No doubt you'll carry on kicking arse this year. I'm waiting impatiently for the next news update! /poke Dalrek ;)

As for al the flaming on here. I am a firm believer that time is a great healer. It really has been far too long to still be holding a grudge over the matter of somebody's departure from the guild and their subsequent actions. Timmok always had a reputation for having a short fuse and that was one of the things we loved about him. So when that fuse was lit for the last time the powder keg exploded quite spectacularly :p

Granted, Timmok really should have handled the situation differently and I'm not making any excuses. But the fact of the matter is that the guild survived due to Nineveh's hard work and the rest of the officer team. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only effect that the whole debacle really had was a dip in our already low morale and the loss of our RFP system. It was all a very long time ago and I should thing that 90% of the current members are wondering what the hell we're talking about.

In the spirit of the New Year and of forgiveness, I think what we should really be talking about are Timmok's achievements, not shortcomings. It was Timmok's dedication and skill as a raid leader which put RF on the map in my opinion. I joined RF a few weeks after AB first opened. Raging Fury was a mediocre guild which paled in comparison to the likes of Darkwind and the newly formed Northern Lights/Mortalis. I remember being in Akheva Ruins with a friend before I was a member. Guildchat was down so RF was using /ooc. We were very amused listening to them wipe horribly to the Va`Dyn despite a fairly large raid force.

Timmok and Mentin dragged us up from that point through Luclin, Planes of Power and the god awful (at the time) Gates of Discord. I remember our serverwide first kill of High Priest Nkosi Bakari which resulted in a personal visit from the EQ devs. Raging Fury has only gone from strength to strength since then. In my opinion, if people like Timmok hadn't raised the guild's profile back in the early days through their hard, skill and dedication. We never would have attracted the quality players which RF has continued to recruit to this day. And without its exemplary members the guild would have remained a virtual unknown and more than likely faded away by now.

LOL hrrmmmm. This has turned into a bit of an essay. Sorry about that! In short, people make mistakes. If we lose touch with them try to remember them for the good things, not the bad. New Year, new start.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :wave:

Xexonia
12-01-2008, 14:34
Happy New Year Furies! :)

The hardest word in the world to say... might be usefull sometimes. Here is a hint :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEVp9UE_AYQ

knekker
12-01-2008, 16:53
None can deny the achievements RF has obtained while under the leadership of Timmok, Nineveh, Mentin, Karde and the rest of the leaders.

Saying Timmok had a temper that we all loved him for, is really a kind way of wording it. But what are achievements, if one of the leaders you work with, takes advantage of his position, a position which all in the guild has trusted him with, not only treats you with little to no respect, but makes you feel you were merely a puppet for his own personal achievements and goals.

Dont mistake him going in the forefront with the tourch, for the generosity and for the betterness of the rest of his fellow mates. He wanted to be the best guild, he wanted to have the best gear, be the first to take down boss encounters, we all did, thats how the game was designed, that was the carrot hanging in front of our nose, but in reality he needed people under him to achieve it.

Experiencing Timmoks last days, as he frustratedly thought about quitting, his mind was not set on who should carry on the tourch, for the betterness of the guild, so it could carry on in it's fullest thrive, no, instead as his own achievements and interest, was no longer a part of EverQuest, he was rather thinking of how to end it all. So he did, by dispanding the guild, taking down the site, and publicly claiming RF was now officially dead.
And as other have stated, it really proves that Timmok was just a child in many ways, and judging by his last reply, he still is.

Playing EQ while under Timmoks leadership, the achievements was fine, if you liked taking orders like in the military from from a retarded curnal, the ones who stands 10 inches from you and starts shouting, while spit is bathing your face.
It cannot compare to the experience I had while i was under Nineveh's leadership. Here you could feel we had a leader who wanted the best for the guild as a whole, while the high goals were still intact. I made mistakes so did the rest, but Nineveh's maturity made him tacle problems on a whole different level, he didn't shout arround rampagesly, he didnt belittle people whenever things wasnt going as expected, and yet the guild were harvesting top 5 serverwide achievements like never before.

At least this was my perspective from a trooper, as you Karde were in the officers ranks, I could únderstand if you were treated differently given your position, as well as the the fact you were not there to experience the big disapointment.

About the forgiving part, which people are talking about, judging by the reply Timmok wrote, he clearly does not regret anything, on the contrary he started a post where he said he had alot fun. So if he thinks he didn't do anything wrong, I don't see the point of forgiving him.

The way i see it, we have a guy here who were in control of a big boat, which we fully trusted him with, he then purposely tried to sink it, with all of us in it, and now he's back posting about good times, as if the "sinking" part never happened. Thats pretty fucked up if you ask me. Either he thinks he didn't do anything wrong, or he really got issues, admitting mistakes, mistakes which we all more or less can do from time to time.

Either way we'll never know, until he's mature enought to bring up the issue himself.

Anderki
18-01-2008, 18:46
WuWu

Damn have it really been 2 years since we raidet eq :blink:

That means im OOOOOOLLLLDDDDD :angry:

Hey Timmok and Soltanol long time no see, hope your doing good.

Hope you all had a Great Christmas and a good new year.

And Frolaak get over on the server again you slacker.

PS. Knekker let it go man, it's been years, and RF doing great. So why make such a big thing over nothing. Becours if it wasnt for Timmok and other great players there whouldnt even be a RF now. :)

Grynoldy
18-01-2008, 19:06
That means im OOOOOOLLLLDDDDD :angry:

You are :fire:

/wave Anderki :wave:

Frolaak
20-01-2008, 11:03
And Frolaak get over on the server again you slacker.
which server? and which game hehe

Uren
29-01-2008, 18:37
Well I definitely take the cake for the latest New Years message! Hello and best wishes for 2008 to all the old faces I remember, and the newer ones I don't.

I've been keeping up with RF's progress regularly since I left and I've never failed to be impressed with what you've achieved. No doubt you'll carry on kicking arse this year. I'm waiting impatiently for the next news update! /poke Dalrek ;)

As for al the flaming on here. I am a firm believer that time is a great healer. It really has been far too long to still be holding a grudge over the matter of somebody's departure from the guild and their subsequent actions. Timmok always had a reputation for having a short fuse and that was one of the things we loved about him. So when that fuse was lit for the last time the powder keg exploded quite spectacularly :p

Granted, Timmok really should have handled the situation differently and I'm not making any excuses. But the fact of the matter is that the guild survived due to Nineveh's hard work and the rest of the officer team. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only effect that the whole debacle really had was a dip in our already low morale and the loss of our RFP system. It was all a very long time ago and I should thing that 90% of the current members are wondering what the hell we're talking about.

In the spirit of the New Year and of forgiveness, I think what we should really be talking about are Timmok's achievements, not shortcomings. It was Timmok's dedication and skill as a raid leader which put RF on the map in my opinion. I joined RF a few weeks after AB first opened. Raging Fury was a mediocre guild which paled in comparison to the likes of Darkwind and the newly formed Northern Lights/Mortalis. I remember being in Akheva Ruins with a friend before I was a member. Guildchat was down so RF was using /ooc. We were very amused listening to them wipe horribly to the Va`Dyn despite a fairly large raid force.

Timmok and Mentin dragged us up from that point through Luclin, Planes of Power and the god awful (at the time) Gates of Discord. I remember our serverwide first kill of High Priest Nkosi Bakari which resulted in a personal visit from the EQ devs. Raging Fury has only gone from strength to strength since then. In my opinion, if people like Timmok hadn't raised the guild's profile back in the early days through their hard, skill and dedication. We never would have attracted the quality players which RF has continued to recruit to this day. And without its exemplary members the guild would have remained a virtual unknown and more than likely faded away by now.

LOL hrrmmmm. This has turned into a bit of an essay. Sorry about that! In short, people make mistakes. If we lose touch with them try to remember them for the good things, not the bad. New Year, new start.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :wave:

We are still very early in 2008 but this is already post of the year !:thumbsup:

Happy New Year everyone :)

Ladwenae
29-01-2008, 19:45
Happy 2008.:wave::wave::wave::):):):)

You sure this guys signatures aren't keylogger URLs?

Dalrek
29-01-2008, 20:32
Removed Lad. Thanks for the heads up

Ladwenae
30-01-2008, 00:59
Removed Lad. Thanks for the heads up

I never click stuff like that, but a guildie in wow just got hacked by doing it. Then he got the account back and got hacked again cause he didnt reinstall or remove the keylogger stuff hehe :spank:

Illandra
30-01-2008, 01:42
How do people remove this keylogger stuff ? As i clicked on some of the links

Also i am doing all spyware virus and adware checks

Ladwenae
30-01-2008, 01:54
How do people remove this keylogger stuff ? As i clicked on some of the links

Also i am doing all spyware virus and adware checks

I think its spyware Illa, but tbh im not really sure how it works. It might not be keylogger stuff, but those URLs looked very fishy to me, at least considering this is a gamers forum.

Abadonn
31-01-2008, 10:46
The page being registered in the Arab Emirates seems weird also :p

Pede
31-01-2008, 10:53
Its a bot. Happening on many boards around the net, both from the Arab world, US and Russia. They are programs that scan the webpage for words that it has been set to look for and when those words are found then it writes something prolitical or similar.

Usually its with lack of paragrafs like the poster on this board.

Abadonn
31-01-2008, 11:05
I thought there was a manual activation thing added to board accounts, to prevent those kind of posts ?

Uren
01-02-2008, 10:23
I thought there was a manual activation thing added to board accounts, to prevent those kind of posts ?

Bots can be smart! Look at Illandra...well ok that's not a good example :grimmsmile:

vmas
01-02-2008, 11:25
Bots can be smart! Look at Illandra...well ok that's not a good example :grimmsmile:

Haha Uren)

Grynoldy
02-02-2008, 11:49

The question is "Is artificial intelligence better than natural stupidity?" :sadolf:

shadowshardz
03-02-2008, 03:38
so uhm.. best way to kill a keylogger? im usually too afk to type but dont want it stealing my magic when i do..

Ladwenae
03-02-2008, 04:45
so uhm.. best way to kill a keylogger? im usually too afk to type but dont want it stealing my magic when i do..

The best is to not click links you might suspect as being fishy!

shadowshardz
03-02-2008, 13:40
this is true :P

Xack
03-02-2008, 15:42
http://www.raging-fury.org/forum/chromoimages/signature.gif
Shads stuff pwns ze jontuun ohyes (http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=658833)
http://www.faern.dk/Image/nicecritnq2.jpg

Shads Rig (http://www.evga.com/Community/ModsRigs/comment.asp?sysid=6462)
Very fishy links!!

Eberan
14-03-2008, 00:51
Hows this for belated best wishes?

Good to see you guys are still going strong.

Regards
Eberan

Frolaak
14-03-2008, 09:19
Better late than never Eber pallysmile

Celsius
14-03-2008, 18:30
Still trolling frollypooh ?

i just saw Oops (the guild we were in) vanished. so back to EQ ?

Glion
09-04-2008, 13:27
Happy NY everyone ^.^ even though im a bit late :P:grimmsmile:

<- agrees with knekker and Stikka... then again i always thought timmok was an asshat. question if knekker sucked, how did he get into the guild 0.o i guess knekker owned!

GL on the drops folks ;D

Best Regards

Glion 65 d0rf rogue...

ps. Anyone need aoe food or water ??

Cuchahhylla
22-04-2008, 18:45
Nami wants to give you his best wishes Timmok :gay:

Sup everyone, I hope everything is going fine :grimmsmile:

namiojo
29-04-2008, 16:41
i found too late this post to wish you the best 2008.
Reading this forum i remember the best times in a online game, timmok you sux like a person but was one of the best raidleader that i had. I hope all this time out of RF made you a better person.

Nice to see all my old friends xack , rhavin, frolak dalrek etc etc.:grimmrun:

Rahvin
29-04-2008, 18:32
yey puto nami !

Cuchahhylla
01-05-2008, 22:43
that quote brings me very good memories mr frog!

/poke

namiojo
05-05-2008, 09:30
fucking cucha stop spam this foro !

vmas
05-05-2008, 09:47
Hm Namiojo, you played a puller or )

Dalrek
05-05-2008, 10:00
Nami was a mix of mage/wiz and puller. A very afk cleric who FD'ed alot :p :w00t:

Taxa
05-05-2008, 14:54
Hey All and happy New year from here too, guess we need to look at that gathering

Evengnome

Azeri
06-05-2008, 11:08
And a VERY late happy new year..

Svøllen, aka Azeri, aka the a..hole

Faiar
10-05-2008, 15:30
Amazing to see so many old names and so many old flames in one place :)

Forgive and forget guys, everyone deserves a second chance, except the guy who made the Crazy Frog tune. He should burn in hell. BURN IN HELL I TELL YOU!!!!!!

It's a bit late for newyears wishes, so I'll do one better and wish you all a good summer (starring 7 days-a-week raiding naturally) :)

Faiar Incinerata
Rendrobe Wielder Extraordinnaire

Anderki
11-05-2008, 19:58
http://www.eqclassic.org/

Omg back to hell lvls, and good looking Trolls

Yxan
12-05-2008, 19:35
http://www.eqclassic.org/

Omg back to hell lvls, and good looking Trolls

Christ, my eyes!! I remember not knowing one could change the view, so played half a year i think with the old windowed mode. ;)

Mentin
27-05-2008, 17:08
Ok, a bit late for best wishes :)

Still so many familiar old names brings back all the fond memories from the years in eq1.

Still got your nuke robe, Faiar? :)

Shandrax
04-06-2008, 12:08
Unfortunately I have forgotten my password and even the e-mail under which the account was registered. Since none of the newer players know me or my twink chanter it doesn't matter.

Anyways, I wanted to remind all of us veterans, that SoE has some free month event running atm. It is always fun to visit Guk every two years or so. I am currently patching....and patching...and patching...takes a bit.

http://home.arcor.de/neric/Other/EQ000062.jpg

Oh yeah...and best wishes for 2008, to Timmok also :)