PDA

View Full Version : Funny Raging Fury stories from the Dawn of EQ

Taxa
08-03-2006, 09:43
no text...... see Ninevehs post its better.

Black Dragon
08-03-2006, 10:28
Which one of the 1000 JD stories to pick from...

Cleared to Empress. Full raid and ready to kill. JD had 10 members and followed us. While we where killing the last 2 mobs, JD ran ahead, stood at the gate, and told us they where there first, and they had the mob..
Cheer for the GM who came and told them to die and burn in hell. They casted a AE TL to somewhere, and oh the joy, when half the raid took the TL :-p

Plane of Time. Killing Quarn for the 1000 time. GM joined the raid. GM where bored.. GM made all into gnomes.. Including Quarm. Made him quite hard to hit, and imposseble for all the rogues to hit, because his range where lowered qhite a lot.
Allmost wiped us.

You have got to love GM's.

Nineveh
08-03-2006, 11:05
Taxa going nostalgic on us again?

There is a brief "history" overview located in the recruitment forums so that our new members can familiarise themselves with the guild they are joining, quoting that post, enjoy :)

Raging Fury was created on "The Rathe" server in February 2001, most of the founding fathers have since then left the game, though some of the initial members are still present here today, unless I am mistaken, Koomarthenn and Xack would be two of these.

As I personally did not join the guild until post the move to Antonius Bayle, I will primarily focus on the history that occurred here on the server.

Shortly after the launch of Antonius Bayle, it soon became evident that this server would be one of the most competitive ones, with a playerbase consisting of 90% level 60 members with thorough raiding experience. This was proven on the first night the server opened with nearly 300 players logged out in the Temple of Veeshan.

Darkwind and Mortalis initially proved themselves to be the leading guilds of the server at that time, Darkwind having moved in unison from Ayonae Ro, while Mortalis was merely a coalition of randomly recruited players here on Antonius Bayle, it is worth noting that Mortalis actually changed guildname up to three times before finally settling with their present guildname, I believe Europa Tribes and Northern Lights were two of the temporary names.

The remaining guilds that fought for the following positions were Innit, Justice Divine and Raging Fury, whereas Raging Fury had yet to kill a named dragon in the temple of veeshan, just to give a basic comparison of the gap between the guilds, Darkwind and Mortalis for example had both killed Vulak within two weeks of the server opening.

Innit quickly fell apart due to internal problems, and Justice Divine quickly became known for their trains and abusive language in the public chat channels, many might draw similarities to Evolutia who made a brief visit on Antonius Bayle before they moved on to Stromm.

During the luclin era, Mortalis leaped ahead of Darkwind when they were the only guild able to kill the Emperor of Ssra temple. Fearing they might lose their competetive edge, Darkwind suggested an alliance between themselves and Raging Fury which became known as DWaRF. The alliance easily dissipated the emperor a few times, then dissolved as the need of such a collaboration was no longer necessary.

After having seen the encounter successfully beaten, Raging Fury began attempting the emperor in solitude, and a few weeks thereafter, he fell to a raidforce consisting merely of Raging Fury members.

Vex Thal (Skyllah's favorite loot zone) farmage commenced, and just a week or so prior to the release of Planes of Power, Aten Ha Ra fell, marking the completion of the Shadows of Luclin expansion.

The Planes of Power introduced 5 new levels, and with it, the race to be the first to level 65 commenced. Darkwind became the first guild to obtain access to the elemental planes, much aided by a rather shady way of winning the Rallos Zek encounter, Mortalis beat the encounter a few weeks after.

In the months that followed, Mortalis made one of the oddest decisions I've witnessed personally. Despite being one of the top guilds on their server, they announced that they would be moving to the Ubisoft server Venril Sathir, and in the process ended up losing alot of their members who preferred to remain on the Antonius Bayle server.

As a result, Darkwind had the elemental planes all to themselves, and strengthened their position as the now top ranking guild on Antonius Bayle. According to Anthas who remembers this better than I do, Kheops, the driving force in Mortalis left the game, causing alot of players to throw in their towels with him. As such they thought a fresh start on a new server, with a wider recruitment pool might be preferrable instead of remaining on AB where guilds were tightly formed, and competition very tough.

Raging Fury obtained elemental plane access a month or so after, and a new guild was also starting to display progression at this stage, namely Shadows of Doom, who at the time was lacking a Rallos Zek victory to secure them access to the elemental planes.

Although wanting to attempt the elemental gods and godesses, the guild leadership decided upon making elemental armour farming the primary objective for the guild during the next couple of months. At times I must admit it felt tedious, but once we were done, practically the entire guild was decked in elemental armour, prior to anyone else having begun exploring the named spawn locations within the various zones.

Darkwind had just killed Quarm for the first time as we started to explore the Plane of Time. With our improved gear we literally oblitterated the zone, and went from beating phase 1 to killing Quarm in less than three weeks. An amusing sidenote was that speculations a month before wanted the server to believe that Raging Fury was on the brink of disbanding, due to not being able to enter Plane of Time.

The gates of Discord expansion was relased during February 2004, and with both Darkwind and Raging Fury having farmed Plane of Time for nearly 6-8 months, the guilds were fairly similar in regards to equipement standards.

Darkwind progressed a week or two ahead of us in Uqua, though the gap had closed to merely a day between each guilds respective Inktu'ta completion date.

In Txevu Raging Fury became the first guild to legitimately complete the Sandgarden event, and also became the second guild serverwide to kill High Priest Nkosi Bakari. Unfortunately our progression halted at Zun'Muram Tkarish Zyk, which caused Darkwind to leap ahead once more on the progression charts.

Tacvi apparantly suited the playing style of Raging Fury much better, as every named mob in the zone fell first to our guild, which also made the fact that we later became the first guild on Antonius Bayle to deafet Tunat'Muram even more enjoyable, note that the actual victory against Tunat came in February 2005, i.e months into the Omens of War expansion.

Omens of War, an enjoyable expansion which also introduced the new epic quests, soon to become the bane to many a member. Access to the citadel of Anguish was first obtained by Raging Fury here on Antonius Bayle, with Darkwind finishing their trial of hatred a mere half hour post our completion of it, alot of animosity was displayed at this stage, as both guilds thought the other had used its tactics to complete the trial. The dislike between the two guilds had originally intensified during the Tacvi era, though recently I am spending alot of time trying to make the relations between our two guilds into a respectful and competitive one, instead of a hateful one, something I personally think is progressing rather nicely.

Once in Anguish, Warden Hanvar became our second serious block, an encounter we struggled with for a few months prior to finally winning. During this time, Darkwind had completed both the Jelvan event and the Arch Magus Vangl event, ready to commence with their Overlord Mata Muram attempts.

Coincidentally this occurred at the same time as EQ2 and WoW were released. 70-80% of our active memberbase left the guild for greener pastures so to speak, and left us standing with a raidforce numbering the mid 30s for about a month. Intense recruiting was set into motion, and we were lucky enough to get a huge influx of players from two major european guilds, namely Forsaken Realm and Divine Grace. Once these new players were safely on Antonius Bayle, raiding recommenced, and shortly thereafter, Warden Hanvar fell to Raging Fury.

Most of you know how the Anguish race ended up, Raging Fury became the first guild on Antonius Bayle to defeat OMM, and only the forth guild serverwide to do so.

I've not included the DON expansion in this brief ( but lengthy ) historical overview, as the expansion was extremely short, with pretty much only one challenging encounter, namely Vishimtar. Darkwind became the first guild serverwide to defeat Vishimtar, with Raging Fury beating the encounter merely a day after.

All in all, Raging Fury has through our recent victory over Overlord Mata Muram marked our place as the #1 guild on Antonius Bayle for months to come, until a new expansion can potentially add further challenges to the game.

Taxa
08-03-2006, 11:12
Doh 9, i have not seen that, i was asked if i could give some stories, but i guess that you cover it all there, so thanx

taxa

Nineveh
08-03-2006, 11:58
Was merely meant to supplement your post Taxa, after all it only covers the bit post of when Raging Fury landed on Antonius Bayle, and it hardly mentions any of the gatherings you've arranged for the guild. Perhaps some reminders of what actually went on at those would inspire someone else to take up the torch and arrange something this summer.

Or perhaps that was a challenge to you, i.e arranging a final gathering in Denmark this summer, for all Raging Fury members, retired and active. Do you accept this challenge gnome? :)

Taxa
08-03-2006, 12:25
hmmmm...............

Frolaak
08-03-2006, 13:23
Raging Fury was created on "The Rathe" server in February 2001, most of the founding fathers have since then left the game, though some of the initial members are still present here today, unless I am mistaken, Koomarthenn and Xack would be two of these.

Hmmm as far as I can recall Koomarthenn didnt join till after the AB move as well. As I joined shortly after the move across and Koom was in the initial batch that went through recruitment on the server up.

This makes Xack the only 'initial' member.. Damn man you need like free loot for that :thumbsup:

Koom
08-03-2006, 13:27
Actually Xack joined after I did, making me the oldest surviving member and meaning there's no rathe originals left.

Taxa
08-03-2006, 13:54
Well koom, the roster says that Swobu is still active, and he came from rathe, and you CANT PROVE that its not the real Swobu that is playing :console:

Frolaak
08-03-2006, 14:11
Its so long ago Its hard to remember that far back, memories have been burned away with alcohol (well im my case anyways) :p

hmm didnt Swobu and Chikaka come from Zebroux (however its spelt)..

Neric
09-03-2006, 23:49
This is a very nice summary, but I have the feeling that the name Timmok is missing. Excellent player, great leader and a bit rude at times ;)

I could also go into detail about the history of Northern Lights (aka Mortalis) since this was my pet project ever since AB got announced, but I think this is not called for, because this thread is about RF after all. Same goes for DW interna and why DWaRF fell apart, but if someone has a question you can always PM me of course.

There is one thing I want to mention though. As some of you might remember, I have been with quite a number of guilds over the years and I certainly had the chance to draw comparisons. For me the difference between guilds doesn't show in the way they conduct themselves while they are in 2nd place trying to make it to 1st. The difference lies in the way they conduct themselves once they reach the top. From what I can see, RF has done way better in this area than all of my previous guilds and I think that's something to be proud of.
Keep on going with the good work!

Gubbi
12-03-2006, 11:23
Its so long ago Its hard to remember that far back, memories have been burned away with alcohol (well im my case anyways) :p

hmm didnt Swobu and Chikaka come from Zebroux (however its spelt)..
Zebuxoruk! Aye, and with Nissen and myself. we all joined after the servermove to AB

Chikaka
12-03-2006, 11:43
Swobu and I started out on the E'ci server. Then we went to Zeb and finally we landed at the AB server.

Karacho
12-03-2006, 17:32
yeah Raging Fury was always one of the better guilds, i luckily was rejected as an applicant in DW while i was playing on ayonae ro. Enjoyed the road up to PoP very much with RF, but after PoP i kinda lost alot of interested in EQ Raiding...

go go RF! :)

Anderki
14-03-2006, 13:51
Or perhaps that was a challenge to you, i.e arranging a final gathering in Denmark this summer, for all Raging Fury members, retired and active. Do you accept this challenge gnome? :)

Taxa hmmmm...............

I think 9 got the Gnome down this time :/

Frolaak
14-03-2006, 14:32
Perhaps hes just taking a long time in planning it :confused:

Uren
14-03-2006, 19:49
I hope Frolaak is right :)

Gubbi
14-03-2006, 21:11
Which would be a first...

:)

Anderki
14-03-2006, 22:01
hehe Gubbie your right on that one :)

Frolaak
15-03-2006, 09:59
:offtopic: enough said...

Black Dragon
15-03-2006, 10:55
Another old story comes to mind..

Saturday.. Time had just turned 1 PM, and RF where going to enter Plane of Tactic. We had tryed on Rallos Zek the Warlord (http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=10359) for a long time. We where convinsed that this where the day, where we where going to take him down.
If we didn't get him down this saturday, Darkwind would have him the day after. We

We entered, we failed, we tryed again, we failed, we tryed again.
10 hours later, I where the last person back with any peridots (I didn't have Virtue yet, so hadn't had a chance to buff any). 10 stacks of dots, and 7 priests yelling for them. 10 min later I had 10 dots left and we where ready to try again. And again. And again......
Officers keept pushing us to do better, and kept keeping our mood up. A few jokes, a lot of "Do this and that" and a lot of Mentin + Timmok words made us try again and again.

After 12 long hours in Plane of Tactice we had our first kill on Rallos Zek the Warlord. The "WOOT's" in guild talk wouldn't stop.

Where one of the best raids I have ever been at...

Black Dragon
15-03-2006, 10:59
1 gnome taking another gnome down...

Agree with Nine.. Go make a old RF gathering Taxa. You know I'm up for helping if you need it.

Neric
15-03-2006, 11:28
Those days in Plane of Tactics are still a mystery to me. I remember doing all of this with DW. The weird thing was, that it took us something like two weeks to figure out how to fight from zone in to the RZ room and Kalle even lost a level during this period, so he had to call a Sunday-raid off which was especially disappointing. Then we were stuck at the brothers and actually had to watch Mortalis on SEQ to get an inspiration. From then on things went smooth though. We spawned RZ after a while and killed him on the second attempt, after noticing that one could prevent him from despawning and of course after noticing that you could charm the yard trash in the area (which was my little contribution). Judging from your story it was the other way around for RF. You went through the first part rather fast and had trouble to finish him off (I assume he despawned on you, did he?).

Later on RF made the upgraded version RZ V2.0 a routine kill while DW was unable to do beat the script for a long time (deja vu...Tunare?). So once again things got turned around like it happend a lot on this server. Strange stuff and actually quite funny how different guilds can have a totally different experience with the very same encounter.

Neric
15-03-2006, 12:19
Some pics...

http://home.arcor.de/neric/Other/EQ000062.JPG

http://home.arcor.de/neric/Other/EQ000026.JPG

http://home.arcor.de/neric/Other/EQ000027.JPG

Black Dragon
20-03-2006, 13:47
OMG.. I forgot how bad grapics where in EQ. haha.:console:

And there where gnome quarm, me in 1 of the pics, Citrua in 2 off them.. Nice cought. he he

Anderki
20-03-2006, 14:43
hehe gfx was kinda good back then, if you think of what else, was out on the market a few years ago :blink:

But still was damn fun :)

missbailey
20-03-2006, 15:46
omg ... i miss the old days :yell:

Karacho
20-03-2006, 21:04
i miss the old days too, only 3 expansions out, after that it eq went down the road imho (not entirely, but alot of stuff that destroyed the "athmosphere")

Koom
20-03-2006, 22:37
I always remember the time when we were doing Ntov. Back in the day when it was a long and dangerous run to get there. We'd all gathered, buffed and were ready to go when Karacho somehow managed to pull the whole of the entrance tunnel drakes plus some of the defenders from inside into the first room and wiped us, sparking a long and annoying naked Cr run :P

Rigwit
21-03-2006, 09:24
Do not open the east door when we are fighting omg!

Xexonia
21-03-2006, 09:38
hahaha omg you guys remember when DoD first came out and we had to run all the way to DS and got killed by the named in front of the zone, because people trained eachother .. or when we fell off the bridge fighting ZiT and ended in Stoneroot... snared... or when we whiped because of that evil dot on the chests. Or those pesky dark dancers... who can forget them.

Wait a sec... :unsure:

knekker
22-03-2006, 19:36
Guys, I think Xexonia feels left out on this topic...:console:

Gubbi
23-03-2006, 19:53
I Remember when we had trouble fighting Cazic-Thule in Plane of Fear ... As well as recalling when we AE'd the trash and splatted him in like 10 mins for the whole lot :)

Oh and when we did some VP runs and Karthu finally got his robe -sigh- yes..

Speaking of robes, all hail Faiar's rend robe, what a glorious kill (for those of a newer date: Most of the raid down, was like six people left. Casters were out of mana all we had left was Faiar's rend robe, oh and AoW pissed, though fighting for his life. And as the mad clicker Faiar turned out to be, we won our first AoW kill ) Speaking of which, someone post some screenshots of the guildchat when that happened, that was just mad :)

Neric
23-03-2006, 23:31
Call me master of research :)

http://web.archive.org/web/20020802003259/http://www.raging-fury.org/images/news/News20020428/woot.jpg

http://web.archive.org/web/20020809015406/raging-fury.org/images/news/News20020428/flawless.jpg

More old stuff at: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://raging-fury.org

Anderki
24-03-2006, 08:56
WTF Haillon died :sadolf:

Tumguror
24-03-2006, 17:07
I am sure that it was due to healing agro :grimmsmile:

Tumgu

Frolaak
24-03-2006, 18:43
I am sure that it was due to healing agro Doubt it :p

Gubbi
25-03-2006, 17:37
Pretty sure he never actually bought any healing spells. Maybe someone 'twinked' him with them while he was awol?

Anderki
28-03-2006, 17:37
hehe yeah the only spell he had in his spellbook was Moonfire i guess :)