PDA

View Full Version : Lineage2

Pinedilea
09-07-2008, 20:07
http://www.lineage2.com/

Anyone knowes this game and has some informations for me but the official ones ?

Thanks in advance,

Pine

Pede
09-07-2008, 20:29
Very popular in Asia and bigger than Warcraft last I heard. ..

Dalrek
09-07-2008, 21:29
Impressive gfx when you check the players' screenshots section

http://www.lineage2.com/pds/official/pictures/12_101.jpg

http://www.lineage2.com/pds/official/mid/12_46.jpg

Quorthon
09-07-2008, 21:46
and never.

ever.

knock the true awesomeness of calling your character "pinkylovejugs"

Grynoldy
09-07-2008, 22:31
Only heard about it from Kimmera and Lawd's younger brother, who says its insanly grind orientatet.

Takes forever to get to high lvls, even longer than EQ in the old days.

//Gryn

Ladwenae
09-07-2008, 22:44
Only heard about it from Kimmera and Lawd's younger brother, who says its insanly grind orientatet.

Takes forever to get to high lvls, even longer than EQ in the old days.

//Gryn

What the dude says.

Ohh and its basicly only asians who play ( like 90% ) so the siege battles and all that basicly never happens when "normal" ( read europeans ) people play.

I have seen my brother play and while the graphics are ok it just didnt hook me, its basicly hack and slash diablo with nicer gfx from what I can tell.

Rahvin
09-07-2008, 23:50
Takes forever to get to high lvls, even longer than EQ in the old days

that alone makes it worth trying b/c it will weed out the wow kids and the dip shits who expect to be 80 in 3 days

Ladwenae
10-07-2008, 01:57
I gave up on the wow kids, trying RL instead atm!

( WTB a non SoE game without wow kids tho! )

Quorthon
10-07-2008, 09:43
Commercially very unlikely.

WoW has been such a success subscription wise, any upcoming MMORPG will in all likelihood put idealistic development goals way back in the pecking order compared to the possibility of tapping into the WoW user base.

Sad, but true.

For examples see Vanguard or Age Of Conan, both games that promised "next gen" game play and progression but at the end of the day, both turned into WoW copies (AoC cringingly so)

I played Lineage 2 just after release up to level 30 odd and found it achingly grind orientated.

Anyone else remember the oldskool EQ ding where the delight and elation at gaining a level was followed by the depression and absolute despair at the task in hand for the current level and the days/weeks it would take.

That might of washed 10 years ago , but in today’s MMORPG world it feels positively backward.

If your hoping for EQ 1 version 2.0 and not made by SoE (presumably your from the "OMG SOE IS TEH EBIL because they nerfed my rod of bum plundering +4 five years ago "school of thought) I'd get comfortable, because your in all likelihood in for a long, and fruitless wait.

EQ was perfect for it's (and our) time and place, for many of us, it was our first MMORPG and trying to replicate that experience is akin to chasing rainbows.

Mephistopheles
10-07-2008, 13:44
I tryed a mmo of Korean origin (not Lineage) and while it was fun for first 100 levels it was a horrible grind fest past that. You basically got something like 0.2% exp in 2 hours of killing non stop.

As for WoW ... i fear Q is right. 8-9 mio subscribers means Blizzard did *something* right and it would be stupid for other mmo developers to reinvent the game so they go with the proven wow model.

Hardcore non solo/group only MMO's are a dying breed. EQ is the last game of that kind i'll ever play again. And i don't think i'm the only one.

Koom
10-07-2008, 13:47
These all summed it up nicely. I played Lineage2 for a while aaaages ago, and the graphics and characters are stunningly gorgeous, the gameplay isn't.
Shame really, cos the Dark Elf models are some of the best Dark Elf models I've ever seen!
And I don't just mean the females outragous boobies!

Dummkopf
10-07-2008, 15:00
Yup, played Lineage2 beta and while it was graphicly stunning it was very bland in the gameplay department. Grinding was the answer to pretty much everything so it didn't really appeal to me.

However, it is sometimes astounding how many asians play MMORPGs and how much of their life they can dedicate to it. Subscribernumbers for those korean MMORPGs are very high indeed so i guess they just cater better to the prevalent attitude towards life/gaming than most western ones do.

And of course WOW is and will be the standard for the time being in regards to subscriber numbers of any western MMORPG so expect no new one without quite similar gameplay.

Fulast
15-07-2008, 07:59
These all summed it up nicely. I played Lineage2 for a while aaaages ago, and the graphics and characters are stunningly gorgeous, the gameplay isn't.
Shame really, cos the Dark Elf models are some of the best Dark Elf models I've ever seen!
And I don't just mean the females outragous boobies!

No you mean the fact that the females also wear black leather g-strings and no pants or skirts :P

Tested Lineage II, and also had some friends from old Forsaken Realm (if you read the RF History thread): Garrik and Imon who played fairly hardcore, even doing guild raids against enemy guilds. Graphics were truly awsome, and the game worked lag-free even on my old computer.

I played during the free test period and the downside were the enormous amount of people playing the in the newbie areas, and "wow-kids" naming their characters "FuckU", "FuckU2" and "Legolasssssssssssss" (if "Legolassssssssssss") was already taken, etc.
I never made it past lvl 14, cus by then EXP was starting to get slow...