PDA

View Full Version : Start up prob

Arilius
12-05-2010, 07:59
Morning all.

Little technical question,

Just re-booted my box machine and copied eq across.

Now i click on eq. (accept with vista) Licence agreement, all good so far. I click i accept. Still going well. Station username and password. processing login,, Updating,, hoora,, cooking on gas,, Play button,, Here we go,, Click play and a get a black screen pop up and flash 3 times then back to my desktop..

Any ideas ?

Thanks..

Abadonn
12-05-2010, 09:27
Have direct x 9.0ish ?

Pede
12-05-2010, 09:33
Morning all.

Little technical question,

Just re-booted my box machine and copied eq across.

Now i click on eq. (accept with vista) Licence agreement, all good so far. I click i accept. Still going well. Station username and password. processing login,, Updating,, hoora,, cooking on gas,, Play button,, Here we go,, Click play and a get a black screen pop up and flash 3 times then back to my desktop..

Any ideas ?

Thanks..

Yea you need directx 9.0c. If it still happens then you need to disable your pop up blocker in your antivirus/antimalware. They see EQs EULA as a pop for some reason and as you cant press yes or no, then well.

Arilius
12-05-2010, 16:34
Have downloaded directx and same problem :( So how do i disable the pop up blocker? i have mcafee. im going around in circles :( /sob

Arilius
12-05-2010, 16:37
Oh, im not sure i had my antivirus installed when it first happened. I was asked to unblock or keep blocking on my first try and i clicked unblock ??

Arilius
12-05-2010, 16:47
Thanks both. Dont know what i just did but its now working.. I think the blocking thing was the prob, Set to default then keep blocking and now works :) Cheers

Dead
12-05-2010, 18:34
Had same problem.. since im sooo not PC person.. what I did is to do System restore and fixed :P

Disel
13-05-2010, 14:33
need to right click on the eq exe file ur using.. and chose start as admin...