View Single Post
Old 27-01-2011, 10:56   #26
Pede
Guild Slacker supreme

Default Re: New online game 2011 errrm I think its going to be 2012 :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinedilea View Post
I dont have any problems with the patcher so far. Are you only in the beta or do you have Alpha invite?
Maybe the patcher is different. :S No idea.

Anyone else got the same problem like Pede?
Tons of people have this problem and other problems with the patcher. Beta boards have been flooded with the problem ever since the first beta.

First beta I get to 70% and the net goes down.. I restart and it has to start all over...No beta for Pede

Second beta I download it at a friend with a mega connection and it is no problem. I log in and fall through the world... yes it was a bug but not exactly a great start.

Third beta it works okay

Fourth beta did not attend I was busy

Fith beta .. 2.75 gb download.. same problem as first beta.. come on..

I let it download last night, and at 98% it got an error...

I restart it again.. and guess what... it has to re-download the whole thing again. I can see the bloody download in the folder but the patcher does not accept it because they changed something during the night while I was downloading, so the patcher has to start all over again.. This is pathetic programming.

That is it for me.. RIFT may be the next big thing but as long as the pathetic programmers cant make a basic patcher that can resume, then forget it. Not everyone has unlimited mega bandwidth.