View Single Post
Old 27-01-2011, 15:27   #29
Pede
Guild Slacker supreme

Default Re: New online game 2011 errrm I think its going to be 2012 :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegethalia View Post
Uh I tried it yesterday and the patcher simply downloaded the 7.5 gigs with no problems... Maybe it is fixed now?
would take me 2 to 3 days to download that, so beta will be over by then plus I would be unable to use the net for those days. And it should not be needed since I have most files already and only need a few 100 mb.

And no the patcher is not fixed. The problem is not that it does not download the needed stuff, but that if you for some reason have an error.. connection goes down or whatever.. that breaks the download or you pause it and you need to resume, then you have to start all over again.. and that is unacceptable to say the least.

And frankly I am getting tired of downloading the same 2.75 gb over and over again especially when I have 2.70 gb down already...

And I can tell you exactly what the problem is.. each time they change the patcher or make a patch, the patcher makes a new folder in "downloads" under the Rift folder and the patcher does not recognize previous folders. Right now I have several folders and on is 2.56 gb.. the patcher should go in and recognize the folder and start from where it left off.. but noooooo. it starts up a new folder and starts all over. ATM I am moving the files to the newest folder and will see, but my bet is that like before (first beta) it will not accept it and start all over.

And Vmas.. I have a 1mb connection not 9600 baud modem.

Last edited by Pede; 27-01-2011 at 15:31.
Pede is offline   Reply With Quote