Thread: Black Holes
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 00:46   #28
Quorthon
Retired Member

Default Re: Black Holes

I (and (directly or indirectly) my taxes) are so glad we're fannying around with stuff like this instead of spending time worrying about stuff like war, famine , disease, poverty and death in the world.

I mean come on,

Time travel-

If it were to become possible in the future, what's the first thing you'll do?

You'd pop back to 2010 and wtfpwn this board and 10 gazillion like them with 2nd year students and their "theories" about inside-out toilet roll tubes and such like pish.

I'd also go back to the 1982 and put every bloody penny I had on Grittar to win the national at (initial) sp of 66/1.Or last weeks lottery numbers.

You'd certainly wouldn't (I'd hope) sit on your arse and laugh as X million people die to massive disaster XYZ that could plausibly be avoided with a bit of forewarning.

Co-existence, parrallel universes etc-

Just like when you were 9 and flicked straight to the "shower" section of the Freemans catalogue, first thing you'd do would transmorgify into the bathroom of that ginger lass from Dr.Who's bathroom/bedroom for a wee sneaky look.

probably.

Joking and flippancy aside, there surely is more important things in 2010 to fret about that wee bits of stuff shooting around a glorified scalectrix track.

Isn't there?

Renewable power sources, drought resistant crops, "cures" for cancer and HIV would figure significantly higher on my list to start with, and I'd view "scientific boffin's" time best spent in this direction.

/peace, waves and no apologies for spelling/logic/sense mistakes as just back from pub

Q
Quorthon is offline   Reply With Quote