View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 19:44   #12
Spiritbane
Exiled Scouser

Default Re: Fan Faire 05. - 08. August 2010 in Las Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imrahil View Post
Interesting fact for those planning to fly: if I woould book my flight now from Duesselrof to San Francisco it would cost 1020 Euro. If I wanted to travel in May instead of August (2 months from now) it would only be 550 - 600 Euro!

My conclusion is that so far in advance only the standard flights are listed and no discounts, so I myself will wait till around May until finally booking the flight.
Or it could be that its just cheaper to visit places in May when most families cant travel due to children being in school whereas August is very much a peak holiday time when airlines can charge what they like...How much would it cost you to book now and fly in September for instance?

General consensus online seems to be buy as soon as you can.

Hard to properly calculate cost from the UK yet without proper dates but a London > Vegas > Frisco > London or London > Frisco > Vegas > London trip around end of July/August is costing £1,000-£1,100 at the moment, double what it cost for last years trip and that doesnt include more expensive rooms due to Pinky not sharing!

I dont really see the point in visiting Frisco both before and after Vegas, its a 'wasted' day of the holiday travelling. I'd either go somewhere else or spend longer in Frisco in the first instance.

Ribbed For Her Pleasure
Spiritbane is offline   Reply With Quote