Raging Fury

Go Back   Raging Fury > Public forums > General

Old 09-10-2008, 20:16   #11
Firepawz
Social Member

Default Re: Advice?

I attempted a similar venture upon completion of my first college degree. I did many studies of the market and demographics, coordinated with the SBA and wrote my first business plan. After a lot of work was done we decided that we were not able to obtain the correct amount of working capital to pursue the areas that we wanted to work in. I am really glad that we did not choose to pursue this because we would most likely have gone bankrupt. That said; I hope you succeed. If you are able to keep your overhead low you stand a very good chance.

3 college degree's later (that’s right the crazy zerker is studying for a doctorate's) I have learned many more things that I think can help make the same venture successful.

The majority of companies are paying for a brand name. They want HP, Dell, etc., so they are easily recognizable by their customers. Many of these companies sign a contract, either for repair, support, or setup. Here is the kicker, 95% of the time it’s not the big company that shows up and does the work. It is usually outsourced to a smaller local company. HP in fact, has closed most of their offices in the US, and the employee's work from home and travel to the customer's sites.

If you can determine the major player in your area, and convince them to contract out to you it would be very beneficial on your part.

I expect to try my hand at entrepreneurship again in the future. The risk is high, the potential for reward is high, but you will never know until you try.

http://bullium.com is where I left off at. I also had a friend design the site, and he now takes care of it full time, so that we can refer to it later. When asked the phrase "How do you expect to compete with the larger companies for market share"? My response was "We are going to Bullium."

Firepawz
Firepawz is offline   Reply With Quote