Raging Fury

Go Back   Raging Fury > Public forums > General

Old 09-10-2014, 14:15   #1
tehetlax
Registered

Default this is why disabled ppls dont get employment

this was put on a job application form for a post via reed employment site
by this agency Xperian Recruitment Limited

Disability Disability is defined as physical or mental impairment that has a ‘substantial’ and ‘long-term’ negative effect on your ability to do normal daily activities.
Yes
No

I think this is against the law .. now i know why i can never find an interview and job

(breaches human rights act, equal opportunities act and disability discrimination act)
tehetlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 14:40   #2
Sanae
RF Member

Default Re: this is why disabled ppls dont get employment

I don’t approve the method but this is my theory:

They are just the link between employer and employee.
Since they don’t employ anyone that fill in the application it is not illegal.

Sanae.
Sanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 16:19   #3
tehetlax
Registered

under uk law you cant put that unless it is a job that cant be done by a disabled person

pilot, builder there are specific roles that are exempt

this was for an office IT job dealing with disaster recovery and 1st and 2nd line support lol

I should of mentioned that in first post
Old 09-10-2014, 18:56   #4
Jolene
Primadonna

What is has a disability to do with a job anyways ? People can do jobs or they cannot. I know a lot of people that do not have any official disability, but still they do not do their job correctly.
And others do it perfectly fine and have an official disability.

If you are able to do the job, you should have the possibility to get it, no matter if you have two heads, one head, three arms or none, blind or not. Mental or physical stuff. It doesn't matter. It always depends on the job. And there are jobs for everyone out there.

In Germany if you do not have a special % of disabled people employed you have to pay a fee as a company and there are rules.

And what the hell are normal daily activties? Even if you are in a wheel chair and need to pee we have special toilets for this.
Old 09-10-2014, 19:43   #5
tehetlax
Registered

yeah the uk is mega different employment agencies has set profiles of who they put forward for job interviews because most of they salary is based on commission so they set profiles of who will best get them the job and the bonus

I know ppls who have been discriminated on race religion and there has always been discrimination on disability

the disability issue is because the British press has always painted disabled ppls in a certain light

I have 10 years exp in the IT industry and 2 degrees and I have applied for near on 800 jobs in last 4 years nothing as soon as they find out I have disability I don't even get the interview when they telling me we gona give you interview

I tried 2 years ago to study a masters I social work and I was insulted and discriminated by the students and the staff at the uni they laugh and ridiculed me in lectures and mock me and turn my Dictaphone off when I went out the room and I was told on the work placement by the manager they didn't want me there in the first place

and yet my disability isn't as if I was in a wheel chair or massively disfiguring etc I have dyslexia/aspergars and a genetic incurable spinal condition (all my discs are failing in my back had 3 removed already with another 3 rotting and cant be removed)

its a sad state of affairs if I could afford it I move to Australia their attitudes to disability seem to be the best in the world - I have lots of family there but atm I fail on the points system to get in
Old 11-11-2014, 11:53   #6
Ravaril
RF Member

Here in Norway there is a Company that hires ONLY ppl With Asperger:
http://www.digi.no/892257/bare-de-me...-jobb-i-unicus

http://unicus.no/

Last edited by Ravaril; 11-11-2014 at 11:59.
Ravaril is offline   Reply With Quote