Raging Fury

Go Back   Raging Fury > Public forums > General

Old 06-03-2015, 07:16   #1
baider
RF Member

Default Game Master changes

Be VERY weary of what you do in game now as there have now been some drastic changes to what game masters will/will not do.

[EQ] Cases where Game Masters will not intervene

Answer ID 37732 | Published 02/19/2015 03:01 AM | Updated 03/04/2015 06:23 PM
[EQ] Cases where Game Masters will not intervene
Game Masters are available to assist with errors with the game and/or servers (such as crashes/rollbacks, zone down, etc)
Game Masters will not be able to intervene with gameplay errors. Gameplay errors should be resolved by further gameplay and players should use in-game means to address these errors.
Some examples of situations where Game Masters will not intervene:

• Deleted items: Please reacquire any deleted items through gameplay.
  • Accidentally sold items: Buy the item back from a vendor. If it cannot be bought back, reacquire the item through gameplay.
  • Accidentally bought items: Sell the unintended item back to the vendor (not all items can be sold back unfortunately) and purchase the intended item.
  • Misloots: The Game Masters will not move items that were looted by accident or sent/traded to an unintended character.
  • Accidental item modification (combines, augs, ornaments, etc): There are in-game means to correct this issue which the player should explore prior to contacing In-Game CS.
  • Renaming: The Game Masters will not change a character's first name, surname, or Guild name upon request. Name change potions are available on the marketplace.
  • Guild Administration: The Game Masters will not administrate a guild or intervene in Guild management affairs in any way. If your Guild leader is absent, please create a new guild of your own or find another guild on the server that meets your needs.
  • Deleted characters: There are various mechanics in place to assure that characters are not deleted by accident. Let's be careful out there. Deleted characters will not be restored. Feel free to re-roll a new character.

Based on this it also appears ninja looting is also now not disciplined by GM's nor will training. I would say be very cautious who has access to your accounts and who you group with.
baider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 15:13   #2
Toscana
Ex-Member

Default Re: Game Master changes

"Deleted characters will not be restored. Feel free to re-roll a new character."

Think this post was meant for April 1st....
Toscana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 16:26   #3
Swordweaver
Ex-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toscana View Post
"Deleted characters will not be restored. Feel free to re-roll a new character."

Think this post was meant for April 1st....
It is really difficult to delete a character, so why should this rule be a surprise?

If someone deletes their character that is their choice - live with it!

I see nothing wrong with this rule

Swordy
Swordweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 18:01   #4
Thancra
Ex-Member

You obviously fail to take into account the dozen examples of accidental deleting because you're [insert the substance you used to be in that state], because you want to delete an alt instead, because you delete your toon and realise there were rare compos, the stolen account case etc...

And I see a lot of wrong things with the statement to reroll a character, mainly the guy writing this having nfc what those characters he's talking about (and he will take care of) are.
Old 06-03-2015, 18:24   #5
Swordweaver
Ex-Member

I admit that the sarcasm that the statement ... "Feel free to re-roll a new character." ... is not the best customer relations statement I have observed but it does leave no grey areas. We are now under no illusions.

So if you do indulge [insert the substance you used to be in that state], deleted the wrong toon (for whatever reason), deleted before you strip it (for whatever reason) then there is only one person to blame.

You have been warned ...

I have no idea how prevalent it is that accounts are hacked or stolen, I assume it must happen, but is that their fault or yours?

If you can prove it's theirs I suspect they would restore quickly, if it's your fault?

You have been warned ... use better security or don't give out your passwords.

Before you ask I have multiple passwords, all are different and no password is saved on my PC's - all are in my head.

Swordy
Swordweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 06:57   #6
Toscana
Ex-Member

I, too, see nothing wrong with the guy next to me accidentally deleting his character either, he can live with that or quit EQ, what do i care ;p

However if my character get deleted through a chain of ridicuously unlikely events, then i hope there will be some light in the end of the tunnel i've been digging and tossing money into for 12 years.

If this is how they plan to adress the issues we can encounter in the game, i'm a little offended... it's like at the grocery shop where instead of increasing the prices on the producs they just decrease the size of the package and hope we won't care!

These statements simply makes us less worth as customers, yes we have been warned... ofcourse that doesn't mean the warning is ok, they just further limited what they can offer us, for the same monthly fee.
I really didn't think i would end up paying for "too bad if you did that haha, now fix it yourself".

(Yes, yes, i know it's all about making more money and cutting expenses, but it's annoying when announced like this, the sarcasm sure didn't help ;p)

Guess i can only hope that if i ever need customer support again, i won't be met by this stone wall. That's the stuff that chases people off! (Or make them reroll....> < )
Toscana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 09:45   #7
baider
RF Member

the deleted character thing doesnt worry me so much, its not very common. However, they flat out say they will not intervene in gameplay issued which includes training, kill stealing, ninja looting, and the likes.
baider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 10:14   #8
Igniz
Sarcharismatic Mage

Actually, no they dont - what you brought up there are violations against EULA and play-nice-policy and only in rare case are intertwined with accidentally looted items, gone-wrong-combines or deleted characters. And yes - there is a slight difference between accidental looting and outright item-theft.

- David Burge

Igniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 14:10   #9
Imrahil
Administrator

FYI: there is at least one player whose login was hacked, the char moved to FV and then later deleted. So far CS has refused to help him by restoring his char.

If something like this happens to Imrahil I will be done with EQ and I will also raise a huge shitstorm on every social media I can get my hands on.

"feel free to re-roll"... my ass

On my signal NURN!
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 18:00   #10
Jolene
Primadonna

I know several people where Ex husbands or wives or lovers destroyed and deleted stuff. You do not need a hacker for that. And I doubt there is an angry husband mechanic out there p