Raging Fury

Go Back   Raging Fury > Public forums > General

Old 07-01-2008, 15:27   #21
Koom
Retired Member

Default Re: Best wishes for 2008

Hehe, there must be a Chinese New Year due sometime soon, I can aim for that one as well

Koomarthenn Forever Raging-Fury At Heart
Koom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 13:15   #22
Karde
Retired Member

Well I definitely take the cake for the latest New Years message! Hello and best wishes for 2008 to all the old faces I remember, and the newer ones I don't.

I've been keeping up with RF's progress regularly since I left and I've never failed to be impressed with what you've achieved. No doubt you'll carry on kicking arse this year. I'm waiting impatiently for the next news update! /poke Dalrek

As for al the flaming on here. I am a firm believer that time is a great healer. It really has been far too long to still be holding a grudge over the matter of somebody's departure from the guild and their subsequent actions. Timmok always had a reputation for having a short fuse and that was one of the things we loved about him. So when that fuse was lit for the last time the powder keg exploded quite spectacularly

Granted, Timmok really should have handled the situation differently and I'm not making any excuses. But the fact of the matter is that the guild survived due to Nineveh's hard work and the rest of the officer team. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only effect that the whole debacle really had was a dip in our already low morale and the loss of our RFP system. It was all a very long time ago and I should thing that 90% of the current members are wondering what the hell we're talking about.

In the spirit of the New Year and of forgiveness, I think what we should really be talking about are Timmok's achievements, not shortcomings. It was Timmok's dedication and skill as a raid leader which put RF on the map in my opinion. I joined RF a few weeks after AB first opened. Raging Fury was a mediocre guild which paled in comparison to the likes of Darkwind and the newly formed Northern Lights/Mortalis. I remember being in Akheva Ruins with a friend before I was a member. Guildchat was down so RF was using /ooc. We were very amused listening to them wipe horribly to the Va`Dyn despite a fairly large raid force.

Timmok and Mentin dragged us up from that point through Luclin, Planes of Power and the god awful (at the time) Gates of Discord. I remember our serverwide first kill of High Priest Nkosi Bakari which resulted in a personal visit from the EQ devs. Raging Fury has only gone from strength to strength since then. In my opinion, if people like Timmok hadn't raised the guild's profile back in the early days through their hard, skill and dedication. We never would have attracted the quality players which RF has continued to recruit to this day. And without its exemplary members the guild would have remained a virtual unknown and more than likely faded away by now.

LOL hrrmmmm. This has turned into a bit of an essay. Sorry about that! In short, people make mistakes. If we lose touch with them try to remember them for the good things, not the bad. New Year, new start.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Karde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 14:34   #23
Xexonia
The worlds meanest paladin!

Happy New Year Furies!

The hardest word in the world to say... might be usefull sometimes. Here is a hint

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEVp9UE_AYQ

And her cleric Maxzine Kiddo
2001-2006 (Retired)
"Definitions belong to the definers, not the defined" - Toni Morrison

Last edited by Xexonia; 12-01-2008 at 15:12.
Xexonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 16:53   #24
knekker
Retired Member

None can deny the achievements RF has obtained while under the leadership of Timmok, Nineveh, Mentin, Karde and the rest of the leaders.

Saying Timmok had a temper that we all loved him for, is really a kind way of wording it. But what are achievements, if one of the leaders you work with, takes advantage of his position, a position which all in the guild has trusted him with, not only treats you with little to no respect, but makes you feel you were merely a puppet for his own personal achievements and goals.

Dont mistake him going in the forefront with the tourch, for the generosity and for the betterness of the rest of his fellow mates. He wanted to be the best guild, he wanted to have the best gear, be the first to take down boss encounters, we all did, thats how the game was designed, that was the carrot hanging in front of our nose, but in reality he needed people under him to achieve it.

Experiencing Timmoks last days, as he frustratedly thought about quitting, his mind was not set on who should carry on the tourch, for the betterness of the guild, so it could carry on in it's fullest thrive, no, instead as his own achievements and interest, was no longer a part of EverQuest, he was rather thinking of how to end it all. So he did, by dispanding the guild, taking down the site, and publicly claiming RF was now officially dead.
And as other have stated, it really proves that Timmok was just a child in many ways, and judging by his last reply, he still is.

Playing EQ while under Timmoks leadership, the achievements was fine, if you liked taking orders like in the military from from a retarded curnal, the ones who stands 10 inches from you and starts shouting, while spit is bathing your face.
It cannot compare to the experience I had while i was under Nineveh's leadership. Here you could feel we had a leader who wanted the best for the guild as a whole, while the high goals were still intact. I made mistakes so did the rest, but Nineveh's maturity made him tacle problems on a whole different level, he didn't shout arround rampagesly, he didnt belittle people whenever things wasnt going as expected, and yet the guild were harvesting top 5 serverwide achievements like never before.

At least this was my perspective from a trooper, as you Karde were in the officers ranks, I could únderstand if you were treated differently given your position, as well as the the fact you were not there to experience the big disapointment.

About the forgiving part, which people are talking about, judging by the reply Timmok wrote, he clearly does not regret anything, on the contrary he started a post where he said he had alot fun. So if he thinks he didn't do anything wrong, I don't see the point of forgiving him.

The way i see it, we have a guy here who were in control of a big boat, which we fully trusted him with, he then purposely tried to sink it, with all of us in it, and now he's back posting about good times, as if the "sinking" part never happened. Thats pretty fucked up if you ask me. Either he thinks he didn't do anything wrong, or he really got issues, admitting mistakes, mistakes which we all more or less can do from time to time.

Either way we'll never know, until he's mature enought to bring up the issue himself.

Last edited by knekker; 13-01-2008 at 00:49.
knekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 18:46   #25
Anderki

WuWu

Damn have it really been 2 years since we raidet eq

That means im OOOOOOLLLLDDDDD

Hey Timmok and Soltanol long time no see, hope your doing good.

Hope you all had a Great Christmas and a good new year.

And Frolaak get over on the server again you slacker.

PS. Knekker let it go man, it's been years, and RF doing great. So why make such a big thing over nothing. Becours if it wasnt for Timmok and other great players there whouldnt even be a RF now.

Last edited by Anderki; 18-01-2008 at 18:49.
Old 18-01-2008, 19:06   #26
Grynoldy
Social Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderki View Post
That means im OOOOOOLLLLDDDDD
You are

/wave Anderki

Hallowed are the Ori
Grynoldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2008, 11:03   #27
Frolaak
Ex-Member

Quote:
And Frolaak get over on the server again you slacker.
which server? and which game hehe
Old 29-01-2008, 18:37   #28
Uren
Cow Hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karde View Post
Well I definitely take the cake for the latest New Years message! Hello and best wishes for 2008 to all the old faces I remember, and the newer ones I don't.

I've been keeping up with RF's progress regularly since I left and I've never failed to be impressed with what you've achieved. No doubt you'll carry on kicking arse this year. I'm waiting impatiently for the next news update! /poke Dalrek

As for al the flaming on here. I am a firm believer that time is a great healer. It really has been far too long to still be holding a grudge over the matter of somebody's departure from the guild and their subsequent actions. Timmok always had a reputation for having a short fuse and that was one of the things we loved about him. So when that fuse was lit for the last time the powder keg exploded quite spectacularly

Granted, Timmok really should have handled the situation differently and I'm not making any excuses. But the fact of the matter is that the guild survived due to Nineveh's hard work and the rest of the officer team. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only effect that the whole debacle really had was a dip in our already low morale and the loss of our RFP system. It was all a very long time ago and I should thing that 90% of the current members are wondering what the hell we're talking about.

In the spirit of the New Year and of forgiveness, I think what we should really be talking about are Timmok's achievements, not shortcomings. It was Timmok's dedication and skill as a raid leader which put RF on the map in my opinion. I joined RF a few weeks after AB first opened. Raging Fury was a mediocre guild which paled in comparison to the likes of Darkwind and the newly formed Northern Lights/Mortalis. I remember being in Akheva Ruins with a friend before I was a member. Guildchat was down so RF was using /ooc. We were very amused listening to them wipe horribly to the Va`Dyn despite a fairly large raid force.

Timmok and Mentin dragged us up from that point through Luclin, Planes of Power and the god awful (at the time) Gates of Discord. I remember our serverwide first kill of High Priest Nkosi Bakari which resulted in a personal visit from the EQ devs. Raging Fury has only gone from strength to strength since then. In my opinion, if people like Timmok hadn't raised the guild's profile back in the early days through their hard, skill and dedication. We never would have attracted the quality players which RF has continued to recruit to this day. And without its exemplary members the guild would have remained a virtual unknown and more than likely faded away by now.

LOL hrrmmmm. This has turned into a bit of an essay. Sorry about that! In short, people make mistakes. If we lose touch with them try to remember them for the good things, not the bad. New Year, new start.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
We are still very early in 2008 but this is already post of the year !

Happy New Year everyone
Uren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 19:45   #29
Ladwenae
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreeja View Post
Happy 2008.
You sure this guys signatures aren't keylogger URLs?
Ladwenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 20:32   #30
Dalrek
Darth Dalrek

Removed Lad. Thanks for the heads up