Raging Fury

Go Back   Raging Fury > Public forums > General

Old 31-07-2008, 11:41   #21
Pede
Guild Slacker supreme

Default Re: Im scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxa View Post
well now i got past the launcher and no more 1017, but when i click play the machine starts working and the hardisk is running but nothing happens, so the launch screen disapere and the machine is just working for 1 or 2 min and thats it. this is wierd

Taxa

btw thx for the support so far .-)
Anti Spyware program.... If you dont have the recommended graphics drivers (usually not the newest or the next newest) then a pop-up comes saying "your graphics driver our out of date"... and if you have an Anti-Spyware program, the pop-up will be blocked and you cant press "yes" or "no", hence you dont move on.
Old 31-07-2008, 12:49   #22
Taxa
Retired Member

have killed the popupand ny spyware,

when i click play a little screen pops up and say launching game and then disapeare, and then nothing happens, ...... so its like its stating the program
but i just cant see it anywhere---

very wierd

T
Taxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2008, 13:16   #23
Pede
Guild Slacker supreme

Motherboard drivers or more specific your network card driver can also give the above result. Find out what network card you have and what version of the driver it is. For some reason some network cards can have issues with some ports when running certain versions of network drivers..its rare, but it happens.

Also what anti virus program do you have? Some have anti phising/anti spy/gayware/malware protection in which could cause the same problem.

Firewall or is it standard windows firewall? If windows firewall, check that launchpad.exe and everquest.exe have full access through the firewall. Should be automatic, but who knows.

And just to make sure.. Windows Vista .. remember to install Directx 9.0c. Win Xp also install it.
Old 31-07-2008, 23:08   #24
Ladwenae
Retired

Taxa are you using the new sony patcher or the old EQ patcher?

I tried something like I think you have been thru and the simple fix was to DL the sony patcher to all thier games, if that isnt the problem then ill go hide in my corner again.

Ohh and btw, AoC my arse, what a PoS crap programmed game!
Ladwenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:27   #25
Faern
Retired

Dont do it Taxa... resist the urge.. Rahvin is still there

You'll be crying yourself to sleep every night
Old 01-08-2008, 14:44   #26
Taxa
Retired Member

ok i will try and do that, do you have a link where i can sownloaded it from, just to make sure that its the right thing i download, i kinda tired of not getting in now.

tHX

T
Old 01-08-2008, 17:17   #27
Jolene
Primadonna

This article contains instructions on how to install most of our games without the need for the original CD/DVDs.

EverQuest
1. Use the link below to download the EverQuest.zip file to your Desktop:
http://help.station.sony.com/cgi-bin/soe.cfg/php/enduser/fattach_get.php?p_tbl=9&p_id=16165&p_created=11347 56016

2. Create a new folder for your EverQuest game to be installed into:
A. Double-click on My Computer
B. Double-click on Local Disk (C) (You may need to click on "Show the contents of this disk")
C. Double-click on Program Files (You may need to click on "Show the contents of this folder")
D. Click on FILE-->New-->Folder (at the top of the window) and name the folder EverQuest

3. Move the patcher into the EverQuest folder by double-clicking on EverQuest.zip.
4. Right-click on EverQuest.exe and choose "Cut"
5. Switch to the EverQuest directory you just made, and right-click inside it. Choose "Paste"
6. Right-click on EverQuest.exe that is now inside the EverQuest folder you just made, and choose "Send to Desktop (create shortcut)"
7. Delete the file EverQuest.zip from your Desktop, then double-click on Shortcut to EverQuest.exe
8. This will patch all of the files for you.

EverQuest II
You can obtain a full EverQuest II installer from the link below. Simply download this file and run it- this will create a game directory and install EverQuest II for you:
http://everquest2.station.sony.com/install

EQ Mac
To Install EverQuest Mac, you simply need to sign in to the Station Store and download the installer.
https://store.station.sony.com/digitalDistribution/base/detail.jsp?SKU=EQMAC-DD-SW0605-EQMACD

Matrix Online
As the Matrix Online was not built on Sony's Launchpad, the internet install process is different. If you have trouble with the steps below, please visit the Matrix Online Technical Support forum for additional help.
http://forums.station.sony.com/mxo/forums/show.m?forum_id=124

If you would like to try patching the entire game from the patch program, please follow these steps.

1. Download the Matrix_Install.zip file to your Desktop.
2. Create a new folder for your Matrix Online game to be installed into:
A. Double-click on My Computer
B. Double-click on Local Disk (C) (You may need to click on "Show the contents of this disk")
C. Double-click on Program Files (You may need to click on "Show the contents of this folder")
D. Click on FILE-->New-->Folder (at the top of the window) and name the folder Matrix Online.
3. Now double-click on the Matrix Install.zip file on your Desktop to open it.
4. Click on the Edit menu at the top of the window, and choose Select All.
5. Click the Edit menu again, and choose Copy.
6. Now switch to the MXO directory you created, and choose Edit->Paste.
7. Right-click on Launcher.exe and choose Send To->Desktop (Create Shortcut).
8. Close all open windows, and then double click on the Shortcut to launcher.exe to start The Matrix Online.

Choose to do a Full System Check from both the End User License Agreement screen, and from the Username/Password screen. This will allow you to download the entire game from the patch servers.

Pirates of the Burning Sea
Please refer to the following link for instructions on how to install PotBS:
http://piratesoftheburningsea.station.sony.com/install/

Planetside
1. Install Launchpad if you don't have it already, http://patch.station.sony.com:7000/patch/launchpad/Install_LaunchPad.exe.
2. Go to your Launchpad folder, C:\Program Files\Sony\Station\Launchpad. Right click on launchpad.exe and choose send to --> desktop.
3. Double-click the Sony folder, and create a folder named PlanetSide.
4. Go to your desktop, right click on the Launchpad icon and choose properties.
5. In the target box, enter this exactly with quotes and all: "C:\Program Files\Sony\Station\Launchpad\Launchpad.exe" /gamelanetside
6. In the Start in box, put this in, quotes and all: "C:\Program Files\Sony\PlanetSide"
7. Click on Apply and the Close.
8. Double-click the icon and the game will download.

Star Wars Galaxies
1. Install Launchpad if you don't have it already, http://patch.station.sony.com:7000/patch/launchpad/Install_LaunchPad.exe
2. Go to your Launchpad folder, C:\Program Files\Sony\Station\Launchpad. Right click on launchpad.exe and choose send to --> desktop.
3. Next, create a folder in C:\Program Files called Star Wars Galaxies
4. Go to your desktop, right click on that icon and choose properties.
5. In the target box, enter this exactly with quotes and all: "C:\Program Files\Sony\Station\Launchpad\Launchpad.exe" /game:starwars
6. In the Start in box, put this in, quotes and all: "C:\Program Files\Star Wars Galaxies"
7. Click on Apply, then Close.
8. Double-click the icon and the game will download.

Vanguard - Saga of Heroes
You can obtain a full installer for Vanguard: Saga of Heroes at this location:
http://vanguard.station.sony.com/install
This is an alternative means of downloading Vanguard that accomplishes the same thing:
Download the Launchpad if you don't have it already, http://patch.station.sony.com:7000/patch/launchpad/Install_LaunchPad.exe.
3. Next, create a folder in C:\Program Files\ called Sony.
4. Double-click the Sony folder, and create a folder named Vanguard.
5.. Go to your desktop, right click on the Launchpad icon and choose properties.
6. In the target box, enter this exactly with quotes and all: "C:\Program Files\Sony\Station\Launchpad\Launchpad.exe" /game:vanguard
7. In the Start in box, put this in, quotes and all: "C:\Program Files\Sony\Vanguard"
8. Click on Apply and the Close.
9. Double-click the icon and the game will download.
Old 01-08-2008, 18:50   #28
Rahvin
muppet overlord

faernx you slapper get your ass back online ! i need mah speedbumps back ! plus you can fend off kikthin while i run for the hills !

"But I know the rage that drives you. That impossible anger strangling the grief, until the memory of your loved one is just... poison in your veins. And one day, you catch yourself wishing the person you loved had never existed so you'd be spared your pain. " -- Henri Ducard:
Rahvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 22:30   #29
Illona
Boobie Tank!

Faernx been gone so long my wizard, Ooona, now pwnz him mana wise!

(slowly creeping out of retirement...)
I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Yelp me, yelp you!
Illona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 22:57   #30
Taxa
Retired Member

thanx got it working im inside...... ok that sounded wrong :-)

Thanx alot all